Afghan forces mistakenly kill 9, mostly civilians: officials

Afghan forces mistakenly kill 9, mostly civilians: officials Afghan forces mistakenly kill 9, mostly civilians: officials

Afghan forces mistakenly killed nine people, most of them civilians, during raid on a house in eastern Nangarhar province which has been a base for the militant Daesh group and other militants, officials said Tuesday.

The raid, which took place late on Monday night in Chaparhar district, also wounded eight other civilians, said provincial governor Hayatullah Hayat. A local police commander was among the dead, he added.

According to the governor, gunfire had been coming from the house that was raided but the casualties were identified as mostly civilians once the operation ended. An investigation was underway to determine how the operation resulted in civilian casualties.

Inamullah Miakhail, a spokesman for the hospital in Nangarhar, also confirmed that nine bodies were brought to the hospital from the raid.

Both Taliban and Daesh are active in eastern Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, in the central province of Kabul, two people ─ a policeman and a civilian ─ were killed after a bomb attached to a bicycle detonated on Monday in the Qarabagh district, said Mohammad Azem, the district governor.

Azem added that four others, three policemen and a civilian, were wounded in that attack.

And in northern Samangan province, a provincial hospital director was killed when a sticky bomb attached to his car detonated on Tuesday in the provincial capital, Aybak, according to Sediq Azizi, the provincial spokesman.

Azizi said director Akramuddin Wakilzada was seen as a “possible candidate in the upcoming parliamentary elections” scheduled for October. The car's driver was wounded in the blast.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Kabul province and in Samangan.

The Taliban have stepped up their attacks against Afghan security forces as well as government officials since the announcement of their spring offensive in April across the country.

About Us

Hidayat TV was established by Moulana Dr. G. H. Adeel, Maulana Syed Abbas Abedi. Soon after Major Javed Syed joined the team . Hidayat TV initially aired parts daily but became a full-time 24-hour running channel from 16 February 2009...

Contact Us

9 Birch Street
Manchester M125NT
+44 161 300 9510 +44 161 300 9511